Before your appointment:
Tattoos sometimes hurt. Tattoos hurt more when you are not well-rested and properly nourished. I recommend eating a small meal a few hours before as well. If we anticipate your appointment to be longer than two hours, bring a small snack or bottle of sports drink.
- Remove bandage 1-4 hours after your appointment. Do not rebandage.
- Wash your tattoo with a mild antibacterial soap and the warmest water you can stand 3-5x a day. Pat dry with clean bath towel. Do not use paper products and always wash your hands prior.
- For the first 2-3 days, apply small amount of Aquaphor to the tattoo. Less is more, there should be no residual ointment on your skin. Wipe off any excess ointment.
- After three days, you can switch to a non-scented lotion (I recommend Eucerin or Aveeno brand). Apply as needed, do not let the tattoo dry out.
- Do not pick at or unnecessarily touch your tattoo during the healing process.
- Do not apply any other products (scented lotions, tanning lotion, etc).
- Do not submerge in water or expose to direct sunlight for two weeks or until completely healed.
Aftercare is simple, your body knows what to do. Treat it right, because it will be on your forever. If you have any questions about products, your tattoo, or your appointment, please reach out to me at (512) 666 - 0083 or firstname.lastname@example.org.